• Sunday 22 September 2019

    What is "Vulcan" Run Time Libraries?

    I noticed an entry in my Programs & Features that I did not intentionally invite. The install date is the same day as the latest Microsoft Visual C+, and the same day as the last NVidia driver updates, March 12th - 2016. The program is titled "Vulcan Run Time Libraries 1.0.3.0" and is published by "LunarG, Inc."  Does anyone know what is its' purpose, how it would have managed to get on my PC, and is it a security issue?

    It was installed by nVidia the last time you updated your video driver. It's a bit like OpenGL and Directx.  Vulcan is a new graphics standard. It's not malware or a virus  Just leave it.


    I'm pretty sure this showed up after the latest "Steam" update. It is not specific to NVidia, but rather to 3D API technology, compared to DirectX or OpenGL. That's why you will have it even with an AMD card, like myself... 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel